Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Picture books

“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss. 
What could be better for a beginning reader than a book that is personalized for them? My nephew will be turning one on 10th of this month. And I am planning to create a personalized cloth picture book for him. 

Still looking for the theme.. whether it should be just a picture book or with small, sweet, silly poems.. or may be a book of alphabets? I have been going through the books by Dr. Seuss & Shel Silverstein..They are so so good! And inspiring! These books do have a very strong subtext, making it a good read for adults and children. I am so glad that my professor introduced me to these books when I was studying at IDC, and i got to read quite a few of them during the research phase of my short films.

I found this animated version of Shel Silverstein's book on youtube:
If you cant view it on this page, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT0wKeJQvGk

Isn't it beautiful? Though the book is for young readers, it is so apt even for us. We have most of the things we need, but we all keep looking for more..The quest never ends.
Probably the other take on this could be to enjoy every stage of your journey, without worrying too much about the destination.. to have fun every moment while you are rolling.. as we do not know how it will feel when you get there..

1 comment:

  1. cloth illustrations remind of Nina Sabnani's 'Tako boleche' and 'Ryaz and I'. You cane take up a theme related to weaving or cloth itself. I vaguely remember a folk tale regarding origin of weaving. That a devotee discovered it from Gods and then one of neglected pieces blew away and floated down a river where villager found it and discovered the technique of weaving.

    ReplyDelete